[List] Carson

Shirley Wilcox slwilcox at juno.com
Mon Jan 1 17:43:40 PST 2007

If anyone has anything further on the Missouri Carsons I am interested in
them as they relate to my Young family of Lakeport, CA.

Andrew Carson [the uncle of Kit Carson] married in 1783, Temperance
Young, daughter of Thomas Cadet Young & Judith Johnston. Temperance was
born 31 Jan 1767. Capt. Andrew Carson had a brother Lindsay Carson
[father of Christopher "Kit" Houston Carson]who had a son Hon. Lindsay
Carson. Hon. Lindsay Carson and his wife were in CA for awhile before
returning to TX. Lindsey transferred to the Lakeport Disciples of Christ
Church in May 1866, from the first Baptist Church of Lockhart, TX. My
ancestor Leander Anderson Young owned a sawmill in Lake Co., CA with
Lindsay Carson, Henry Carroll Boggs [who m. 1849 Martha Jane Young] &
William Manlove [m Susan Thompson 1862, a sister to Malinda Thompson,
wife of Leander Anderson Young]. I have a lot of intertwined families I
am still trying to sort out.

My Young family went from VA to KY to MO to CA.

Shirley