[List] Reuben Cooley

Sandra Stanton sandystanton at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 15 09:49:27 PST 2006

There are a couple of possibilities for Reuben Cooley
in the 1820 census.

1. Reubin Chooley/Charley in Washington Co, KY on the
1820 census. However it gives his age as 45 and up.
But the Reubin Cooley we are looking for would have
been 41.  Of course someone could have given the age
wrong.

2. Reubin Cooly on the 1820 census for Lawrence Co,
IN. Lawrence county is not far from Bartholomew county
and the Ky border is a few counties away. The way
these Cooleys moved around do you think he
[Reuben]could have left for a few years and then went
back to Ky?

Also, there is a William Charley/Chooley on the
Washington county, KY census for 1820. I don't
remember but have we lost a William Cooley at that
time?  The two names following William Chooley are
Susan Salley and then Nancy Salley. Since there are
Salleys marrying into the Cooley families this might
need to be further searched.

Sandy

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ky/marion/cemeteries/roller.txt