[List] 1787 census of Virginia

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Thu Dec 14 20:16:14 PST 2006

Sorry if I've already sent this. From my notes at the Santa Clara library last
week:

Madison county (now Kentucky)

Willm Cooley 0 0 0 4 7
Danl Cooley  0 0 0 0 0

Those are farm animals in columns 4 and 5. The first column is for white males
16-21 so that would place the birth for both men 1766 or earlier. John's son
Daniel was born in 1765 so that would fit for him. Columns 2 and 3 are for blacks.

Madison county was much further east than the present Marion/Casey county border.

There is mention of a James Cooley in the book "Virginia in 1760", p 77 for
"Halifax County Virginia Pleas, No 3" 31:61