Re: 1810 PA redux

From: Mary Lou Cooley <mlcooley_at_q.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 08:33:29 -0800

Ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Cooley
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:53 AM
To: John Cooley Mailing List
Subject: Re: 1810 PA redux

Sure, Mary. I'd be happy to receive anything. But to be clear, my interest
isn't so much with the descendants of WHC, but with his possible
connection to us--in other words, his parents, ancestors, siblings, etc.

It would be worth looking for a Coley/Vincent descendant to DNA-test. I've
been surprised by results more than once. Indeed, the solution to this
problem will probably come from an unsuspected source.

-Michael

> I don't remember right now - r.e. William who married Mary Vincent.
>
> But on another note...I was just looking at information that I was
> collecting at that time - and I found this:
>

> Pennsylvania, Land Warrants, 1733-1987
> Name: Henry Cooley
> Acreage: 400
> Warrant Date: 27 Apr 1792
> Warrant Location: Northumberland
>

> Pennsylvania, Septennial Census, 1779-1863
> Name: Henry Cooley
> Residence Year: 1793
> Residence Place: Hamiltonbann, York, Pennsylvania
>
> I have a lot of notes that I collected on William Henry Cooley (m. Sophia
> Havens). I can send them to you, Michael, if you want them.
>
> Mary C.

>>> 1800. They list William Henry Cooley's birthplace as Somerset,

--
Second VP, the Cooley Family Association of America
Administrator, the Akins DNA Project