Re: Elizabeth Cooley m William Blackburn 1805

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 23:30:24 -0700

Yes, John Sr didn't go to Kentucky until 1804 or 5. I think he went with
Perrin, James, Reuben and Cornelius--and possibly the Blackburns.
Interestingly, William Matthews Cooley went to to TN about the same time,
and Reuben's land was very near William's in Washington (now Marion)
county KY. I can't help but think it may have been the same land but
that's not apparent looking at the deed indexes.

There's some thought that William Blackburn was the son or grandson of
Newman Blackburn, related to Ambrose but I've forgotten now just how. Like
the Goodes, and possibly the Cooleys, the Blackburns went from Caroline
county VA to Town Fork.

-Michael