Hannah Cooley m Luke Barnett/Burnett

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:25:50 -0700

I may be onto something here:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~batesmillerhistory/descendantpages/burnettedescendants.htm

--quote--
Luke Burnett was born in 1778 on Reedy Branch in Mecklenburg County,
Virginia. He died on 13 Dec 1859 in Hempstead County, Arizona at age 81.

           Luke married Hannah ________.
--endquote--

There was a Carter Barnett in Surry county in 1790. He had a son named
Luke. That family moved to TN. Carter apparently had a brother named Luke.
The above page, however, does not give Luke a brother named Carter.

http://boards.ancestry.com/SearchResults.aspx?dir=forward&sortKey=CIAAIf0A2GBg&pOff=7&db=mb&ti=0&gss=nfwylf&rank=0&adv=show&_88000003=dinwiddie&gskw=dinwiddie&hc=50

--quote--
luke Barnett/Burnett Posted on: 15 Apr 2000, by mary9901
  Surnames > Barnett
I am looking for a Luke Burnett brother of Carter, born in Dinwiddie Va
about 1762. His father was Richard. My 3rd g.grandfather Carter Barnett
had a son Luke born about 1800 and I believe this carter and the ...
--endquote--

Luke is living with his son Luke in 1850. We can follow the movements of
the family from the births:

--quote--
Name: Luke Bernnett
Event: Census
Event Date: 1850
Event Place: Ozan, Hempstead, Arkansas, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Marital Status:
Race (Original):
Race (Expanded):
Birthplace: South Carolina
Estimated Birth Year: 1812
Dwelling House Number: 197
Family Number: 197
Line Number: 31
NARA Publication Number: M432
NARA Roll Number: 26
Film Number: 2480
Digital Folder Number: 004193066
Image Number: 00443
          Household Gender Age Birthplace
        Luke Bernnett M 38 South Carolina
        Delphy Bernnett F 36 South Carolina
        Lanoh F Bernnett F 11 Georgia
        Joseph Bernnett M 9 Georgia
        Wm T Bernnett M 7 Georgia
        John Bernnett M 3 Arkansas
        Luke Bernnett M 74 Virginia

--endquote--

I'm guessing that the date of his death is known because he might show up
on the 1860 mortality schedule for Arkansas. Does anyone have access to
that?

There's also a Luke Burnett in Spartanburg in 1800, 1810 and 1830. There
were a large number of them, including Carter Burnett. The families I've
looked at all seem to go back to Essex county VA.

Anyway, the real encouraging thing is that Luke's wife is known to have
been Hannah.

-Michael