Re: Arthur Kiergan & family on 1850 census in Missouri

From: Mary Lou Cooley <mlcooley_at_q.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:44:26 -0700

Benjamin E Kiergan did have a widow in 1865 who applied for his CW pension:

Kiergan, Benjamin E.
Widow: Kiergan, Frances E.
Minor: Baker, Joseph, Gdn
Service: F 44 MO Inf
Date of filings:
1865, Mar 31, Widow, Application: 88026; Certificate No.: 75.295
1867, Nov 13, Minor, Application No.: 154516; Certificate No.: 120.889

Didn't Arthur Kiergan write that after his mother's death, that he lived
with his Grandmother Elizabeth (White) Cooley for a few years? In his
letter of 27 Apr 1932 he wrote that his father remarried after Dorothy's
death. (I read the letters and got lost - so willl have to work on them
later).

We will be gone for a few days...Happy hunting!!

Mary Cooley