Re: Morman War 1838

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:26:34 -0700

Yes, I read the article on Wikipedia. There were very few
casualties--apparently mostly non-Mormon Utah settlers. So, the question
is, was Michael Cooley a soldier, and one of the few who were killed, or
was a settler caught up in the conflict?

So many of the Missouri Cooleys flat-out disappear. The Oregon Cooley are,
of course, know, and the Texas and Oklahoma Cooley are kind of developed.
That some of them may have gone to Utah is a reasonable thought.

And then there's this:

Cooley, Polly, Letter, 1851, (C0838)
1 folder(s)
Letter to her husband, N.G. Cooley, who was in Idaho prospecting for gold.
Reprinted in CARROLLTON DEMOCRAT, 1935.

(Hmmm....I thought I posted this. It looks like not. I have a copy in my
email folders somewhere. As I recall, it's not very enlightening,)

-Michael