Re: [Fwd: Re: Fw: 1800 North Carolina census]

From: Mary Lou Cooley <mlcooley_at_q.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:37:40 -0700

Today, while searching Bernita Jones Sharp's records I ran across a
photocopy of the tax list that you mention. At the bottom of the page is
typed:
"Page 62 1790 First Census of Kentucky
Fayette County Virginia created in 1780 became a
part of Kentucky when that commonwealth was admitted
to the Union in 1792."

The tax list dates are all in 1800, but Charles Cooley & John Cooley in
Lincoln County is are dated 8/16/1800.
Mary Cooley