Re: [Fwd: Re: Fw: 1800 North Carolina census]

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:27:46 -0700

Yes, There were the tax lists. I'd forgotten. "Will" Cooley is on the tax
list for Washington county, butt not in the book referenced below.

1794 Washington co KY tax list, 22 May 1794, William Cooley, 15 cattle, 2
horses.
1795 Washington co tax list: William Cooley, 1 white male above 21, 20
cattle, 3 horses.
1796 Washington co KY tax list: William Cooley, 52 acres, Rolling Fork,
land was entered by Jonathon Ingram, land was surveyed for Joseph Gray and
grant issued to Joseph Gray. 1 white male over 21, 2 horses, 9 cattle.
1797 William Cooley and Joseph Cooley appear on the Washington co KY tax
lists.
1800 Will Cooley appears on the tax list for Washington County, Kentucky.

-Michael

> Today, while searching Bernita Jones Sharp's records I ran across a
> photocopy of the tax list that you mention. At the bottom of the page is
> typed:
> "Page 62 1790 First Census of Kentucky
> Fayette County Virginia created in 1780 became a
> part of Kentucky when that commonwealth was admitted
> to the Union in 1792."
>
> The tax list dates are all in 1800, but Charles Cooley & John Cooley in
> Lincoln County is are dated 8/16/1800.
> Mary Cooley

>>> my
>>> Ky. ancestors that I know lived in Madison Co. Ky in 1800.