1800 North Carolina census

From: Jane Wisdom <jdwisdom_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:52:45 -0500

These are all the Cooley's I found in the 1800 NC Federal census. It is
very confusing to show a tax list in Green County, Ky in 1800 with James,
Joseph and Daniel Cooley and then also James Cooley on the 1800 census list
in Ky. Could he have moved to Ky in 1800 or already owned land?

Would you like for me to pull up the full census on the John Cooley's
listed. Is one of these John Cooley, Sr.

I do not find Joseph or Daniel Cooley on any 1800 census. I don't know how
thorough the Ancestry census records are for this very early period. Could
these families have been on the move between states?

The William Cooley that matched our DNA must have already been in Ky.
However, he too does not show up on the 1800 Kentucky census. I wonder if
that census is on Ancestry. Very confusing. Does anyone know if the 1800
Kentucky records are on Ancestry? I also, did not find any for other of my
Ky. ancestors that I know lived in Madison Co. Ky in 1800.
Jane

scan0001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: scan0001.jpg)

scan0002.jpg