Re: Rhoda Cooley who married Henry Willis

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 15:15:55 -0700

Hi Michael,

I'd forgotten there was another Michael Cooley on the list. :)

As I recall, you are of the John Jr line. Mary's husband, another Michael
Cooley, is from John's brother, Joseph. I'm from their brother Edward--who
never lived in Casey county but I think he may have visited for an
extended period prior to the death of his father. Indeed, virtually
everybody on this list is from the Casey county Cooleys.

James, Joseph and Perrin left for MO in 1811. That same year, Edward left
the old family home in NC for IN, and about the same time Cornelius went
to TN, possibly to join William Matthews Cooley, the likely oldest son in
the family, who's had the left the area c1806.

I haven't tracked the Sangamon co IL Cooleys too closely to know just when
the went. A number of John Jr's family went, including Thomas Hutchins
Cooley, the subject of the articles I referred to earlier.

Of course, your John and his brother Reuben stayed in the area. We've
never been able to trace either of the the sisters, Hannah/Joanna and
Elizabeth, but I think the William Blackburn family in Casey in 1810 may
be Elizabeth's family.

I'm glad we heard from you, Michael. I wasn't sure that you were
monitoring the list.

-Michael