Francis Cooley test results

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 10:46:43 -0700

A descendant of Francis Cooley (1767-1842) and Eleanor Vandivort has
tested. This is of interest to us because he figures into the
now-obviously bogus Lura Coolley Hamil genealogy. So far, these "Dutch
Cooleys" have tested to at least four different DNA haplotypes, They are
simply not related and are not of the same patriarch--Dutch or otherwise.

What is interesting, however, is that the Francis tester matches to the
Daniell Coolley (Maryland) line that ended up in Fayette co PA. No one has
found (not even Hamil!) a genealogical connection between the two groups.
It's possible they were allied many generations earlier.

My focus at the DC talk will start with the Hamil genealogy. In some
manner, I'll present a visual representation of how she connected the
families and then show what happens once DNA is applied.

BTW, I've just noticed that a descendant of early immigrant Samuel
Cooley/Coley (married Anne Pudden) has tested. Again, no match to us!

My DNA wish list is coming close to being fulfilled, but there are still
plenty of VA/NC groups that need to test. Here's how it presently stacks
up (red stars indicate a tested line):

http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/lineages/

-Michael