[Fwd: Re: Cooley ¤amily]

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:29:34 -0800

I'm not seeing the connection to our Cooleys here to the others, but
perhaps I'm missing something. In any case, this is interesting
information.

Subject: Re: Cooley ¤amily
From: "rubyslippers"
Date: Thu, March 8, 2012 8:58 am
To: "Michael Cooley" <michael_at_newsummer.com>

Well I started by finding this will for Thomas Cooley....so excited we
finally found the first Cooley of the line. Only to discover no children.
 However, we do know the names of his brothers back in Cornwall. I have
taken a shot at writing to an English Cooley researcher - fingers crossed.
 Meanwhile I tried to find other Cooleys in Maryland and accumulated all
the stuff below. Hope it isn't totally confusing ...as I picked up bread
crumbs I just kind of put them in the email for you!

Who I am....I am a over 20 year researcher of the family Branson. In Town
Fork Settlement John Branson's land is adj to Richard Hains, James Moore,
Isaac Garrison

When Zachariah Branson died in 1784 he made George Fulp "son of Betsy
Fulp" co-executor with his son Joab. It would be highly unlikely for
Zachariah to do this if he was not blood related to George/Betsy or a
strong family tie. George being the son of Peter Fulp and Elizabeth Raper
(probably known as Betsy) and his grandma Martha Ham.

Wed 5 Sept. 1793 court case # 15, James Martin VS John Branson and John
Cooley

Court of Common Pleas Sat 6 Dec 1794 John Branson jury duty.
Case Peter Fulp VS John Cooley. old tape out to the side it was erased
and penciled in "Ann Branson acct for keep 140 miles and 11 days". This
was added as if they had run out of space and needed to make another
entry. I think somewhere I have a record where both John and Ann was
testifying.

Mordecai Ham lives just a few doors from the Bransons in the 1800's.

John Branson, Jr named his first son Ambrose - like Ambrose Blackburn???
this is not a first name that runs or remained in the family.

So....I have no idea where or how the Bransons are related - whether it is
Cooley or Ham or what. or maybe it's Fountain??

I can tell you that the Branson immigrant in 1651 came from England to St
Mary's and Charles Counties, Maryland. Several key family members died
around 1770/1775 and you find various parts of the family move to
Westmoreland Co, Essex/King & Queen, Montgomery and Washington and
Pittsylvania Cos in Virginia and Surry which became Stokes in NC.

Sure hope we can find that missing link
Sharon

Here is what I have accumulated so far......

Will begins....I, Thomas Cooly of the County of Cornwall in the Kingdom
of England in part now resident in the county of Saint Marys in the
Province of Maryland