Re: COOLE listed among Manx Surnames

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:02:04 -0800

Thanks! It may be worth keeping a list of any R1a1a to see if any pattern
emerges.

The other Cooleys I have on the Y page are to show contrasts, not
similarities--except, sort of, of course, the R1a1-2b.

Yeah, it's one of those BIG questions. The simple answer, I guess, is that
those guys who are most successful at spreading around their Y chromosome
are those who will likely have the most successful progeny. But that gets
into all kinds of murky areas not related to our discussion. :) Of course,
Charlemagne and clan were successful but there are no known representative
Y's for them. Genghis Khan and Somerled are different stories, of course.

-Michael