Re: An idea

From: <CooleyJoel_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:17:54 -0500 (EST)

Glad to contribute also.

JL Cooley

In a message dated 11/28/2011 12:04:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michael_at_newsummer.com writes:

Great response, guys! Okay, I'll try to get something set up by next
weekend--if not through an online service, then just a regular account
through my bank.

Keep an eye open for an eligible Abraham descendant. I'll post to genforum
sometime this week and let the CFAA know what we're doing in case they
know or hear from anyone.

-Michael

> I'd be happy to contribute.

> Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 6:00 PM
> Subject: An idea
>
> I think most of us agree that a yDNA test on a descendant of Abraham
> Cooley, who also lived in Surry co NC, would be useful. If he's a match
> the Stokes county Cooleys our research would pretty much be turned on
end.
> (For example, could some of the sons now assigned to John be assigned
> instead to Abraham? And a match would tell us that Abraham and John were
> brothers. Abraham's generally-accepted roots in England would be yet
> another piece of evidence for John's possible English origins.) If there
> is no match, then we would know, and our collective mind would be settled
> on the issue.
>
> There are about 40 people currently subscribed to the list. If each of us
> contributed $5 we'd have more than enough to pay for a test. But probably
> fewer than half that number have posted to the list, and I can't be sure
> that they are not the only people reading it. But $10 from fifteen of us
> would pretty much get us there. I can probably manage an notice for a
> "donor" in the next issue of the Cooley Communique and would be happy to
> post to the Cooley Forum at genforum--and stay on top of it.
>
> I'd be happy to set up an account for the purpose if enough people think
> it's a good idea.
>
> Let me know.

> _distlist 0.9_ (http://newsummer.com/distlist)

_distlist 0.9_ (http://newsummer.com/distlist)