Re: An idea

From: Sandra Stanton <sandystanton_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:52:09 -0800 (PST)

Michael,
Count me in!
Sandy

________________________________
From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Sent: Sun, November 27, 2011 3:00:26 PM
Subject: An idea

I think most of us agree that a yDNA test on a descendant of Abraham
Cooley, who also lived in Surry co NC, would be useful. If he's a match to
the Stokes county Cooleys our research would pretty much be turned on end.
(For example, could some of the sons now assigned to John be assigned
instead to Abraham? And a match would tell us that Abraham and John were
brothers. Abraham's generally-accepted roots in England would be yet
another piece of evidence for John's possible English origins.) If there
is no match, then we would know, and our collective mind would be settled
on the issue.

There are about 40 people currently subscribed to the list. If each of us
contributed $5 we'd have more than enough to pay for a test. But probably
fewer than half that number have posted to the list, and I can't be sure
that they are not the only people reading it. But $10 from fifteen of us
would pretty much get us there. I can probably manage an notice for a
"donor" in the next issue of the Cooley Communique and would be happy to
post to the Cooley Forum at genforum--and stay on top of it.

I'd be happy to set up an account for the purpose if enough people think
it's a good idea.

Let me know.