Re: Amy Cooley

From: The Cooleys <lvcooley5_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:26:45 -0700

Could have been a childhood nickname from James on the horse angle, but
Roan Mountain is also a breathtaking stretch of the Appalachians between
Tennessee and North Carolina. There's also Island Roan off the coast of
Sutherland in northern Scotland. And to further extrapolate, there's
this from an article on the Battle of Culloden:

"To this day, in countries like the United States, where over half the
signatories of the Declaration of Independence were Scottish, many place
names exist because of the displaced Highlanders."

Or, more than likely, at that age, he was probably starting to act like
and resemble an old horse.