Fw: Cooleys and the Burnams

From: Jane Wisdom <jdwisdom_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:19:09 -0500

 Remember the conversation about Pleasant Wilson that was the administrator
 for the estate of James Cooley(John, St.)? He was the son in law of Henry
 Burnam that was also mentioned in that estate.

 Last night I relooked at the 1840 census in Howard County for John
 Cevly(Cooley). Next door to this John Cooley(Joseph, John, Sr.) is Foster
 Burnam. That is a son of Henry Burnam. Since I have the Burnam history as
 my mother was a Burnam, I looked up the marriage of Pleasant Wilson. He
 married Henry Burnam's daughter in Estill Co., Ky. before coming to Mo.
just
 a few years later than the Cooley's.

 My question is: Has anyone found where James Cooley(John, Sr.) was living
 before coming to Mo.? I thought all the Burnams had come from Madison but
 it looks like Henry's bunch was mixed between Estill and Madison. I wonder
 of James Cooley could have been there. I can't totally confirm but I have
 been told through the years that many of the Burnams were also horse
 breeders, especially mules.

 It is interesting that these two families intertwined and if my parents
knew
 it, they did not tell me. It has been a big surprise.
 Dad descended from the White, Cooley and Teters in College Mound and Mom
was
 from the Burnams and the Fowlers. Our Burnam branch ventured into Macon
 County but they also started in Howard and Randolph. I am now curious if
James Cooley and the Henry Burnam family may have known each other in Ky.
 Pobably cannot prove that but perhaps Estill Co. is a good place to look
for
 James Cooley before coming to Mo. Or has this already been thoroughly
researched? If James Cooley was a horse trainer than as Michael has
written, he probably knew all the horse ranches in that part of Ky and Mo.
 Jane