Re: Elizabeth Locke

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:45:46 -0700

Bonnie,

You may have seen the earlier messages im and I exchanged about the 1840
census for John. We believe that that's his John Cooley who married his
Martha Bearden:

2 males under 5 (Milo & Willow)
1 male 5-9 (E.C.)
1 male 30-39 (John)

1 female 5-9 (Elizabeth m Bailey)
1 female 15-19 (Julia Ann?)
1 female 30-39 (Martha)
1 female 50-59 (? ? ? )

Willow and Milo may be the same person. There may have been another son
who married a Nancy, who shows on the 1860 census with her three young
children. But Jim theorizes that she could have been EC's first wife. I
concur.

There may have been half siblings on this census. We need to ask if this
is the same John who married 1 Eliza Locke and 2 Martha Bearden. Had
Martha been previously married.

A John Cooley died in the Howard county MO jail in 1846. The Howard county
clerk's office say they have no record.

Do you have any info about James's son John H?

My notes for Jim's John are at
http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1276662005+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/Cooley-Bearden-desc.html

My notes for James's son John (the same John?) are at
http://ancestraldata.com/Notes/index.cgi?1167835994+/ahnentafel/256/lineages/johncooley-desc.html

-Michael