Re: For England

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 06:32:54 -0700

Yes, WMC and John might well have been brothers. If we ever find that
Abraham is of the clan, then we might want to consider that WMC was his
son. At this point, everything regarding that is speculative. But we do
know now for sure William was of the family. Nevertheless, I expect at
some point the tree will be shaken up a bit. Were the younger children
really John's children or his grandchildren, for instance?

I had not heard that about Caroline county. Good stuff. The county was
also at the center of the Virginia religious revolution prior to the war,
people converting from the Anglican Church and being jailed. Both Edward
and Perrin were early Methodists.

I believe I have such a halpogroup map on the page for the talk I gave in
Oregon last year: http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/oregon2010/ If
it's not there I'll have to dig. I believe that our group largely stayed
on the west coast as they moved south through England. I've seen another
map showing that the largest concentration of Cooleys was in the North of
England near the border with Scotland.

Good lead on Virginia horses! Thanks!