Re: DNA for William Matthews Cooley

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:08:48 -0700

I don't think he is, Patrick. His birth year has been estimated at 1759
but I don't know where that comes from. If he was John's oldest son, that
would be about right. He's first found in the record in the early 1780s so
that would be consistent with a birth of about 1759. John himself would
have been closer to have been the right age to have explored KY with
Boone. Any son of his would have likely been to young. But given that, we
haven't truly ID'd William's true birth. At this point, anything is
possible.

-Michael