[List] More on James Cooley

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Sat Apr 21 21:51:48 PDT 2007

Hi Shirley,

Hmmm. The pension numbers are there in each letter. William Wright's is S16301.

Thanks for the correction, The online copy at HQ for James's record is very
poor. It almost looked like it had been x'ed out. I'll make the change. If you
haven't done so already, you might want to check the link in my footnote at
the bottom for the Battle of Guilford Court House. There were 1,046 missing
Americans afterwards. Presumably many of those, including James Cooley, were
taken prisoner. The Wikipedia article about General Tarleton is also interesting.

Thanks,
Michael

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:26:57 -0400, Shirley Wilcox wrote