[List] Kentucky Tax Lists

michael@newsummer.com michael at newsummer.com
Sun Mar 4 19:42:12 PST 2007

I think it's a good idea.

The William Cooley in Washington county is the William Cooley who later moved,
probably along with Joseph Gray, to Stewart co TN. I think Perrin Cooley could
be none other than John's (c1840-c1811) son--although I had expected to see
Reuben there just after William left. Perrin no longer appears after 1811, the
year, of course, that he left for MO. I would think that Joseph was his
brother. He too no longer shows after 1811. Reuben seems to drop off the Casey
county list in 1814 and pop up in Washington (later Marion co) in 1815. (I
wonder if there could have been a slight change in the county boundaries that
would have accounted for that.)

The most complicated list is for Adair county. As far as I can tell, those
names fall in line with what is known about Daniel's (presumed brother of
Perrin, Joseph, etc.) family.

Sandra has also sent some more readings of Washington county deeds. (I posted
a couple of others last month.) I'll try to get those up in the next couple of
days.

-Michael

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:51:44 -0500, Shirley Wilcox wrote