[List] Joseph Cooley b. 1822

Sandra Stanton sandystanton at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 1 08:05:19 PST 2007

Hi,
I found the following on GenForum while searching for
all Reuben Cooley and have been trying to locate where
this Reuben and Martha “Patsy” Cooley fit in our
Cooley lines. It was a post on the noblitt/mcalister
board on 19 Nov 2001.

Elizabeth C Cooley was born Sep 11, 1842. She m. (1)
James McAllister, Aug 31, 1864; and m. (2) Joel D
Noblitt, Dec 30, 1868. Elizabeth was one of seven
children, all born at Waymansville, of Joseph Cooley
and Mary Leese--- who married Oct 16, 1841 at
Columbus, IN. Mary was b.ca. 1823 at Amsterdam, NY and
d.ca. 1861, probably at Waymansville. Joseph Cooley m.
(2) Elizabeth (Noblett) Dowell, widow of George
Dowell, on 27 Apr 1862. Joseph, b. May 2, 1822, a CW
veteran, d. 3 Nov 1867; buried at McLaughlin Cem. NW
of Waymansville. Parents of Joseph Cooley (and his two
sisters): Reuben and Martha “Patsy” Cooley.

Now I have found the marriages listed and Joseph on
the 1860 Bartholomew County census. Also, have info on
his service in Co.A 93rd Indiana Inf. from the pension
index on Ancestry.com.

I think I have tried all Reuben Cooleys on the 1830
and 1840 for a son in this age range without luck.
Does anyone have them placed in the family?

Thanks,
Sandy