Re: Thay now have us near the Scotsman :)

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 22:30:13 -0800

Yeah. It's a mistake, too, of thinking that these haplogroups have any
real ethnicity associated with them. That comes from genes in chromosomes
other than the Y. Geography is the better characteristic. Hence, a
preponderance of R1b in W. Europe, R1a in E. Europe, etc. But those
generalizations don't tell the whole story.

-Michael

--
Administrator, the Akins DNA Project
Administrator, the Ashenhurst DNA Project