My M417 test in

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 13:52:56 -0700

We'd already known that M417 would be positive since L448 was. I need to
find out, though, why FTDNA is not showing Don and me as R-L448. There may
be a clue in this report for Don's SNPs, as reported by FTDNA:

http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/dons-snps.html

If you follow the blue, there are a couple of breaks. It looks like the
SNPs that would define intermediate haplogroups were not tested. I'll see
what I can find out about that.

In other news, I found another descendant of the Wm H Cooley/Sophia Havens
line who is willing to test. He's a descendant of Luther Edward Cooley,
the brother of Sylvester B Cooley. It will be interesting to see how
"hardcoded" the value of 13 is at DYS439. (The rest of us have 10.)

http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/lineages/ernest-desc.html

-Michael