Re: The John Cooleys

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:23:18 -0700

BTW, here's how I presently have Perrin's children, largely drawn from
James's estate settlement:

Eleanor Cooley (1796-) m William Green
James Cooley (1797-1858) m poss Polly Massey
Elizabeth Cooley (c1800-) m Edward Stinson
John Cooley (bef 1810-1846) m1 unk m2 Martha Bearden
William Cooley (c1804-1850+) m1 ___ m2 Sarah Ann Ballinger
Hannah Cooley (1808-1860+) m William Bearden
Perrin Cooley Jr (c1813-1880+) m Lucinda Carter

We know from the census that Perrin had two sons and two daughters by
1800. The 1840 census suggests that John was born 1800-1810. Was he the
second boy on the 1800? But we need to remember that we haven't yet ID'd
the father of Perrin C Cooley. He doesn't belong to James, John or Perrin
C and William may have been too young to have been Perrin C's father. So,
was there a 5th son?

-Michael

--
Second VP, the Cooley Family Association of America
President, the Genealogy Club of Humboldt State University