Cooleys on 1840 MO census

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:17:36 -0700

I started working on this several months ago. Most of it is now done.
Knowing what we now know about the Randolph County Cooleys, that section
now makes perfect sense.

http://ancestraldata.com/ahnentafel/256/1840-MO.html

I have several question marks, particularly with the Scott County
descendants of WMC. There are several Cooleys at the end of the page who I
think aren't ours that I haven't worked with yet.

I see only one place where Perrin C Cooley would fit--that's in the
household of Perrin Cooley Jr. Of course, we have no idea whether this
second male was even a Cooley. For that matter, if PC was living with
someone other than his parents or a brother, it could have been with a
sister or in-law having a name other than Cooley. He could have been
anywhere--even outside of Missouri, which is possible considering all the
moves he would come to make. We know, however, that he was not a son of
Jim's John. John's brother William was likely too young to have been the
father, as is true with Perrin Jr, and it seems clear that James had no
children. If all of this is correct, I see two choices for his placement:
Perrin Sr had a fifth son of whom we know nothing, or Perrin C belongs to
one of the other brothers of Perrins--but none seem likely. I suppose it's
also possible that Perrin Sr had a illegitimate child whose mother named
Perrin--but that get's into an area we're almost certainly will never be
able to prove.

I've also made a guess about the teenager living with Perrin Sr. We know
that the John Cooley who shows up living near William Washington Cooley in
OH and WV was born in MO c1827. No descendants of his have DNA-tested so
we don't know whether he was even one of ours. But as this page shows, the
vast majority of Cooleys in MO at this time were descendants of the Stokes
County NC Cooleys. But, again, this young male living with Papa Perrin may
not have even been a Cooley. It's just more speculation in hopes of
stumbling on a legitimate line of inquiry.

I have no idea who "R Cooley" in Howard County is. Daniel's son Reuben,
apparently, died in 1832.

A J C Cooley of Scott County is also a mystery.

Can anyone fill in any of the blanks?

-Michael