Re: Cooley from Pike county Illinois

From: Sandra Stanton <sandystanton_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:34:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have come to believe he is not one of our Cooleys so will put it all way in a folder marked wrong . Too bad as there were two probate packet -- one for Charley and the other for Charles, but both contained the same info. Sandy ________________________________ From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com> To: John Cooley Mailing List <undisclosed.recipients_at_johncooley.net> Sent: Fri, September 21, 2012 3:15:06 PM Subject: Re: Cooley from Pike county Illinois Sandy, I can't find an Edwin that would have been born that early in any of the lines I'm trying to track--which doesn't include the Benjamin line. -Michael > I haven't got much more than that. There is NO obit in the Mears books for > this Charles. I have his wife as Lucy Billings and children, Ora Mae, Cora > Ethel and Ed. > > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Sandra Stanton > <sandystanton_at_prodigy.net>wrote: > >> Are the Cooleys in Pike County, Illinois related? >> I ordered the probate record for Charles/Charley Cooley born 1848 in >> Pike >> county, Illinois, but lived and died in Macon county, Missouri.  His >> father >> was Edwin Cooley.  Anyway, I probably wasted $20+  on the probate >> packages. >> >> Sandy >> > -- Second VP, the Cooley Family Association of America President, the Genealogy Club of Humboldt State University Administrator, the Eldridge Family DNA Project Administrator, the Ashenhurst Family DNA Project (in the works) Administrator, the alt-McDowell DNA Project Co-Administrator, the Cooley Family DNA Project Instructor (upcoming this fall), "Genealogy and Family History" at   the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), through HSU -- <a href="http://newsummer.com/distlist">distlist 0.9</a> See http://ancestraldata.com/listarchive/johncooleylist/ for list information.