Re: Matthews descendent & yDNA

From: The Cooleys <lvcooley5_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 00:10:10 -0700

Yeah, that is a wild page. And thorough! There are Great
Grandsons-In-Law and Fourth Grand Nieces for heaven's sake!

It is curious that Josephus, born in 1740, had several sisters that are
unaccounted for AND a father named Joseph, in addition to
having grandchildren in Lincoln and Madison Co KY and great
grandchildren in Missouri. Birds of a feather?

Jim

On 9/16/2012 11:31 PM, Michael Cooley wrote:
> I just did another search for Perrins. This probably doesn't amount to
> much but there are a couple of interesting points--for one, the page
> design. I've never seen anything quite like it.
>
> http://www.sneakers.pair.com/roots/persons/person4500.html
>
> These Perrins were in Virgina and later in Crab Orchard, Lincoln county,
> KY where WMC and the Grays may have lived early on.
>
> Very loose associations, but an interesting page.
>
> -Michael
>
>> No, I went on to some other research. Don't know if I can figure out how
>> was researching when I saw Perrin Mathis.
>>
>> Mary C.

>>> consent. She rode some 650 miles with Edmund to the place that became
>>> their
>>> new home: Taylor Bridge Township in North Carolina.
>>>
>>> Edmund is said to have had at least one other wife and had a total
>>> of
>>> 22
>>> children, not all of whom made it to childhood (as many as five are said
>>> have died in infancy). Those said to be Edmund?�?s children are: Edmund
>>> Jr.,
>>> Edmund III, Elizabeth, Esther, Ezekiel Jr., Harmon, Rice, Jemima,
>>> Lazarus,
>>> Mary Ann, Olive, Oliver, Sarah, James, Tomsin (or Tomzin), Sabra,
>>> Zacheus,
>>> Edith (also called Eady or Edah), John, Annie and Thomas, along with
>>> several
>>> whose names are unknown.
>>>
>>> Edmond served as a soldier in the Revolutionary War from 1776 to
>>> 1778.
>>> He (apparently) was his company?�?s fiddler and served under Captain
>>> Turner in
>>> the Duplin County Militia (part of which later became Sampson County).
>>> Several of his sons are also listed as having served under Captain
>>> Turner,
>>> whose company was actually mustered at the Mathis plantation. Edmund Jr.
>>> served as the Justice of the Peace for several years in Duplin County,
>>> N.C.
>>>
>>> He built a big plantation at the Six Runs Branch of the Black
>>> River.
>>> He
>>> quickly established himself as the owner of the largest naval stores
>>> business in the Wilmington, N.C. area, shipping tar, pitch, turpentine
>>> and
>>> produce by raft to Wilmington. While on business he traveled to Georgia
>>> and
>>> decided to settle in Bulloch County, establishing the BC branch of the
>>> Mathis clan. Edmund died and was buried in Duplin County in 1783.
>>>
>>> Edmund?�?s son Rice was born in 1754 and married Civility (or
>>> Civil)
>>> Goff
>>> in 1773. They had six children: sons, John (born in 1774), Edmund (born
>>> in
>>> 1776) and James (born in 1786); and three daughters, whose names are not
>>> known. Rice died in Duplin County, N.C. in 1793.
>>>
>>> Rice?�?s son John married Phoebe Alderman, and after she died,
>>> married
>>> Susannah Edmondson. Some researchers say that Edmund also married
>>> Susannah?�?s
>>> sister, Nancy, after she died, and that as many as 11 of the children
>>> may
>>> be
>>> hers. John and his wives had a total of 23 children. They were David,
>>> James,
>>> Rice, Neil, Thomas, Civil, Jemima, Miles, Elizabeth, Riley, Rebecca,
>>> Nancy,
>>> Phoebe, John, Matthew, Sarah, Pollie, Martha, Edmond, Susannah, Henry
>>> M.,
>>> Hiram Monk and Saleta Ann.
>>>
>>> John and his wives moved from North Carolina to Bulloch County,
>>> Ga.,
>>> in
>>> 1803. Here, John served as the Justice of the Inferior Court in Captain
>>> Fred
>>> Williams?�? District of BC, and then as the Sheriff of BC from 1816
>>> until
>>> 1822
>>> and from 1825 through 1826. Eventually, John and some of his family
>>> moved
>>> Lowndes County. Many of his children, however, stayed behind in Bulloch
>>> County.
>>>
>>> Rice?�?s son Edmund married Unity Register and they had four
>>> children:
>>> Bunyan (born in 1800), John (born in 1802), Tyre (born in 1810) and
>>> Nancy
>>> (born in 1812). They settled in Bulloch County for a while, and then
>>> some
>>> of
>>> them moved (apparently) first to Appling and then to Lowndes County.
>>>
>>> Rice?�?s third son, James, married Rhoda Monk, and they had at
>>> least
>>> seven
>>> children: Wealthy, Pollie, Phoebe, Elizabeth, John, Mahlon and James W.
>>> While they spent time in Bulloch, they lived first in Appling, and then
>>> Lowndes County, Ga.
>>>
>>> You can E-mail comments to Roger at roger dodger53_at_hotmail.com
>>> http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/ 5263
>>> AprilPrice45added this on 18 Jan 2010
>>>

>>> [The above story is attached to Thomasina "Tomzin" Mathis]:
>>> Thomasina 'Tomzin' Mathis
>>> Birth ABT 1703 in New Hanover Co., NC
>>> Death 1768 in , New Hanover, North Carolina, USA
>>> Married Rice Price III abt 1716 in New Hanover Co., NC
>>> Rice Price III
>>> Birth 1680 in Virginia
>>> Death 17 SEP 1756 in New Hanover Co., NC
>>>

>>> RICE PRICE b. 1680-1690 Cardiff, Glamorshire,Wales. d. 1753 Lunenburg
>>> Co
>>> VA
>>> m. (1) ELIZABETH
>>> m. (2) THOMASINA (TOMZIN) MATHIS 1718 New Hanover Co NC b. 1703 New
>>> Haven
>>> Ct
>>> d. 1768
>>>
>>> WILL: September 27 1756. Sons: Richard, James Edmond (to each is
>>> bequeathed
>>> negroes). Wife and Executrix: Tomzin. Executor: Richard Price. Witness:
>>> John Rogers, Henry Harker, Wm Pearse. Clerk of the court Ja. Moran
>>>
>>> Children of Rice and Elizabeth
>>> RICE PRICE JR
>>> JOHN PRICE b. 1715 d. Jan 1802
>>>
>>> Children of Rice and Tomasina
>>> JAMES PRICE b. 1719 d. 1795
>>> EDWARD PRICE ** b. 1721 d. May 28 1789
>>> RICHARD PRICE b. 1724
>>> MARY (MOLLY) PRICE b. 1725 d. 1813
>>> JOHN PRICE b. 1726 New Hanover Co NC
>>> RICE PRICE b. 1730 New Hanover Co NC d. 1790 Johnston Co NC
>>> EDMOND PRICE b. 1731 New Hanover Co NC
>>> AprilPrice45added this on 19 Oct 2009
>>> gwymoytoyoriginally submitted this on 13 Oct 2008
>>>

>>> Rice (Rees) Price Will
>>> The Will of Rice Price preserved in the Papers from the Office of
>>> Secretary of State, NC, Sept 27, 1756 bequeaths to his sons, Richard,
>>> James
>>> and Edmund negroes. Wife and Executrix: Tomzin. Executor: Richard Price.
>>> Witnesses: John Rogers, Henry Harker, W,. Pearse. Clerk of the Court:
>>> Ja.
>>> Moran He does not give Mary Price Mathis as his daughter. Mary was
>>> witness
>>> to her brother James Price' s Will. Signed her name as Mary Price; when
>>> the
>>> will was probated or proven in court by Mary Price, she signed her name
>>> as
>>> Mary Mathis. The will was proven in court Mar, 1776 (the will was made
>>> in
>>> 1765). Also in the will it states:lastly I nominate & appoint my wife