Posting reminders

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:45:40 -0700

This is mostly for the benefit of Ron.

I wrote the list software for this, I needed to because I couldn't find
anything free that met all the requirements I had. But this is buggy. Note
the following:

1. Posts should be plain text, not HTML. (The headers aren't rewritten
properly for multi-part emails. -- the headers provide instruction to the
email reader.) Posts sent in HTML may not display properly in some email
software -- because the "instructions" do not fully make sense.

2. There's a bug in the way the time stamp is written in the headers. This
causes the server to send a bounce when a message is sent between about
midnight and 6 am--Pacific Time, anyway. But the email is in fact
delivered. You can ignore those bounces.

3. The email sent to you from the list does not put your address in the
To: field but, instead, blind copies you. Some spam filters don't like
that and will filter the email out. If you're not receiving the emails,
that may be the reason for it.

These things are fixable. I just haven't found the bandwidth needed to
deal with them.

-Michael