Re: Arthur Kiergan & family on 1850 census in Missouri

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:56:33 -0700

Hi Jane,

It's here:

1860 > MISSOURI > CHARITON > KEYTESVILLE TWP
Series: M653 Roll: 613 Page: 234

I'm cafe I'm at is closing now so I can't look, but he was in his early
20s, born in the 1830s.

-Michael

> William Cooley, son of John(Joseph) married Elizabeth Fields. I do not
> have
> a lot of information on the Fields family but according to a bio of Joseph
> T. Cooley,
> his mother, Elizabeth Fields Cooley had two brothers or uncles living in
> Randolph or Howard County.
> One was named William and the other, Samuel Fields.
> What county and what year did you find Joseph Cooley living with William
> Fields? This William Cooley's son named Joseph, was born in 1843. They
> were together serving in the Civil War so this may be the Joseph living
> with
> William Fields.
> Jane Wisdom

>>> born
>>> c. 1837. Another thought that Michael was born after the 1840 census
>>> and
>>> was
>>> given away or died when the father died. Then what AK said about
>>> Michael
>>> being
>>> killed by the Mormons in Utah could have what was told to him as a
>>> coverup
>>> for
>>> the missing Mathias. Gee, I really don't know what to think- just
>>> spinning my
>>> wheels on t his.
>>>
>>> I tried to find the marriage of Ben Kiergan and Dorothy Cooley/Smith in
>>> Ray
>>> county, but the film is so poor you can't read it nor could the
>>> indexer.
>>> Also,
>>> can't find where I found a Dorothy Cooley marrying a Joel Smith. Too
>>> bad
>>> Dorothy Kiergan died in 1851 as we might have been able to get more
>>> information.
>>>
>>> I have tried finding them in the 1860 census but so far no luck.

>>> Sent: Fri, June 22, 2012 2:38:24 PM
>>> Subject: Re: Arthur Kiergan & family on 1850 census in Missouri
>>>
>>> I did. :) It's just a thought. I think there's an interesting story
>>> there,
>>> though. If there were four sons and if the 1840 census is correct,