Re: Did a Matthews m John Cooley?

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:09:26 -0800

I haven't been able to get on Heritage Quest, which I rely on for census
and Revolutionary pension records, for at least three days. If this is
real--that William Matthews Cooley was the son of Sarah Cooley (with
unknown father)--and not just the result of someone's overactive
imagination, there may be a document somewhere that names "Sarah Cooley'
with a inference that she was related to the Matthews. It appears that at
least two of the Surry county NC Matthews served in the Revolution: James
Jr and his brother Mussendine Matthews. Can it be that she is mentioned in
pension records? Does anyone have access to them? Their father, James,
apparently died c1770 in Guilford co NC, might have named "Sarah Cooley"
in a deed or will. Any ideas?