Re: What does the "Matthews" in William Matthews Cooley mean?

From: Michael Cooley <michael_at_newsummer.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:31:47 -0700

One of my Hogue ancestors named most of his sons after friends, ancestors
and in-laws, middle names such as Simpson, Crume (his step-grandfather),
Irwin and McQuiston. It certainly helped in this case. At this point,
Matthews is really open-ended. It could mean anything but it is a good
point of inquiry.

-Michael